The Pre-Inspection Agreement is Signed at the Time of Inspection. This agreement sets out the Standards of Practice under which the Home Inspection is performed.
A home inspection is a limited, non-invasive examination of the condition of a home, often in connection with the sale of that home. Home inspections are usually conducted by a home inspector who has the training and certifications to perform such inspections. The inspector prepares and delivers to the client a written report of findings. The client then uses the knowledge gained to make informed decisions about their pending real estate purchase. The home inspector describes the condition of the home at the time of inspection but does not guarantee future condition, efficiency, or life expectancy of systems or components.
Napoleon Home Inspection, herein known as the Inspector agrees to conduct an inspection for the purpose of informing the client of major deficiencies in the condition of the property. THE WRITTEN REPORT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE INSPECTOR AND THE CLIENT AND SHALL NOT BE USED BY OR TRANSFERRED TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR COMPANY WITHOUT BOTH THE INSPECTOR’S AND THE CLIENTS CONSENT.
1) This inspection of the subject property shall be performed by the Inspector for the Client in accordance with the Standards of Practice of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors, Inc. (NACHI). Water Softeners or Appliances are not tested or inspected.
2) The purpose of this inspection is to identify and disclose visually observable major deficiencies of the inspected systems and items at the time of the inspection only. Detached buildings are not included.
3) This inspection is not intended to be technically exhaustive nor is it considered to be a GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE CONDITIONS OF THE PROPERTY, ITEMS AND SYSTEMS INSPECTED AND IT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED ON AS SUCH. The Inspector shall not be held responsible or liable for any repairs or replacements with regard to this property, systems, components or the contents therein. Company is neither guarantor nor insurer.
4) THE INSPECTION AND REPORT DO NOT ADDRESS AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO ADDRESS CODE AND REGULATION COMPLIANCE, THE POSSIBLE PRESENCE OF OR DANGER FROM ASBESTOS, MOULD, RADON GAS, LEAD PAINT, UREA FORMALDEHYDE, SOIL CONTAMINATION AND OTHER INDOOR AND OUTDOOR SUBSTANCES. THE CLIENT IS URGED TO CONTACT A COMPETENT SPECIALIST IF INFORMATION, IDENTIFICATION, OR TESTING OF THE ABOVE IS DESIRED.
5) Any matter concerning the interpretation of this agreement, of the Inspection Report, or any claim based upon either of them shall be subject to mediation between the parties or failing such mediation shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the Construction Industry Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, except for the rules pertaining to the arbitrator selection. The three (3) arbitrators should have knowledge of the home inspection industry and one arbitrator must be a member of ASHI with at least five (5) years of Home Inspection experience.
6) The inspection service is conducted at the property. The physical on-site inspection of the property is a very valuable time to exchange information between the Inspector and the Client. Any particular concern of the Client must be brought to the attention of the Inspector before the inspection begins. The written report will not substitute for the Client’s personal presence during the inspection. It is virtually impossible to fully profile any building with any reporting system. Unless the Client attends and participates in the inspection process itself, the Client will have no chance of gaining all the information
that is offered.
7) The Client has been informed that there is a problem with mould. Inspector _______Customer ________
8) The Client has been informed that there is a problem with moisture. Inspector _______Customer ________
9) The Client has been informed about ________________________________ Inspector _______Customer ________
10) The Online Report is the only representation made by Napoleon Home Inspections Inc. as to the condition of property. A copy of Inspection Agreement is included with online report.
11) The Inspectors liability is not to exceed the cost of the inspection.
12) THE CLIENT HAS READ THE ABOVE AND HAS UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO, AND
ACKNOWLEDGES RECEIPT OF A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT. CLIENT AGREES TO PAY
AGREED UPON FEE AT COMPLETION OF INSPECTION.